Building on the success of the original Alloy Winch Shackle (AWS) and Alloy Winch Shackle PRO (AWS Pro), the Australian-made Alloy Winch Shackle Short (AWS Short), is the latest addition to Saber Offroad’s repertoire of recovery products – and the only design of its kind on the market.
“We are constantly looking to push the boundaries of innovation with our recovery gear by making products that are safer, smarter and stronger, while also delivering a product with aesthetic appeal to complement a 4WD build,” said Stephen Handbury, Saber Offroad’s Director of Product Design.
“From the initial design, to our rigorous NATA and real-world testing methods, to the final Cerakote coating, we are proud to deliver the AWS Short as the latest product to our ever-growing recovery product family.”
Evolving from the original Alloy Winch Shackle, the newly released AWS Short provides a more compact design that is functional and effective in performing a safer recovery, while adding to a vehicle’s aesthetic appeal.
“The AWS Short is extremely strong with a minimum breaking strength (MBS) of 20,000kg (44,000lbs), making it the strongest winch hook alternative in our range of products” said Stephen.
Designed exclusively for use with soft shackles, the AWS Short utilises Saber Offroad’s patent pending channel design that offers optimal support for soft shackles and eliminates the risk of damage compared to other products with sharper edges.
CNC milled from aircraft-grade 7075 aluminium and finished with the heavy-duty Cerakote USA ceramic coating, the AWS Short is available in a variety of vibrant colours and is the ultimate solution in safety, looks and durability.
The AWS Short attaches to a synthetic winch rope via a 16mm 304 stainless steel pin that’s held in place with an internal circlip. Rubber Fairlead Engagement Pads (RFEP) softly engage with and protect the surface of an aluminium fairlead.
Product Information: Saber Offroad Alloy Winch Shackle Short (AWS Short)
- Aircraft-grade 7075 aluminium, which outperforms all other aluminium in this application
- Minimum breaking strength (MBS) of 20,000kg (44,000lbs), yet weighs only 750g (1.65lbs)
- Winch rope attaches via a 16mm 304 stainless steel pin and internal circlip
- Rubber Fairlead Engagement Pads (RFEP) protect the aluminium fairlead
- Cerakote USA ceramic coating in Black, Red, Concrete and Jungle Green
- Ceramic coating gives UV stability and is durable and hard-wearing
- 100% designed, patented and made in Australia
- Batch tested in Australia at a NATA-accredited testing facility
For more information, interviews and high-resolution images, please contact: